I would like to think people come here looking for commentary that features depth and nuance. If that’s the case, I am so sorry because you’re most likely fucked; depth and nuance aren’t what you’d call my specialties. I wish they were, but you’ve got to work with what the good Lord gave you. Which, in my case means stupidity, snark and sarcasm. Oh well.
I’m a little lazy today, so I fell back on the bloggers best friend: the list. Today’s offering features a few items that are either new or make regular appearances in my news feed. I don’t know why, because none of them are really news.
- Franklin Graham and Charisma Magazine think the President is a secret Muslim and Islam is a murderous cult bent on world domination. Way to keep it classy, Charisma.
- Jessa Seewald née Duggar thinks Christians of a more progressive bent are going to hell. Okay, that’s not really fair as she thinks everyone who doesn’t believe as she does are infidels who are gonna burn, burn, BURN!!! But, still…
- Some GOP legislators aren’t fans of history. A group of Oklahoma congressmen attempted to ban AP history classes in that state because, and I swear I’m not making this up, they don’t address “American exceptionalism” and only teach “what is bad about America.”
- The Ku Klux Klan supports Judge Roy Moore’s stand against marriage equality in Alabama. Call me crazy, but I’m pretty sure the Klan agreeing with you isn’t a good thing.
- There are Christians in America who are being persecuted for their beliefs. But, they’re not the ones you keep hearing about.
- Pope Francis isn’t really all that progressive. But, compared to past holders of the office, he’s a wild-eyed radical. I can live with that.
- SenatorJames Inhofe (R-OK) still believes a cold snap is proof that global warming is bullshit. This man is chairman of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works. Let that one marinate a bit.
- CNN is may be the saddest news network in the world, but they’re not the worst.
- The internet went batshit crazy over a post about a dress that didn’t include side boob or crotch shots. Wait a minute that actually is news. How did that sneak in here?
Was that deep and nuance-y? I hope so. But, even if it wasn’t, I found a way to use some ideas that have cluttering things up around here. I call that a win.